Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Self Critique

After reviewing the finished product of my soap commercial, I would of liked to get slightly more into the creation of the advertisement drawings. I would have enjoyed the fluctuating line patterns that animated drawings tend to have but mine were static layers. I would of also liked to incorporate dialogue and create a more interesting environment for these characters to interact in without changing the minimalist feel and the small yet intuative attention to detail. From constructive criticizm, I could make the characters more interactive within the commercial by having them shake some and just move slightly to show life rather than the static characteristics each of them have. Also I could possibly make the grass in the background alter and change with the hatching texture and create even more interactivity.

The idea that I was trying to convey that the character is dirty (depicted through the darker color) didn't go well and possibly conveyed racist qualities. I did not want to have my commercial interpret that and decided to just keep him the same color the entire time. The character then might have a stengent smell, but wasn't well conveyed in the way I displayed it. I could possibly add a sort of Pepe LePu skunk feeling with waves of stench coming off or even a Pig Pen from Charlie Brown approach with pound signs (#) and random lines that seem to float off of the character.

No comments: