Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Soap Commercial




This project was one that I became easily interested in because of my heightened interest in advertisements over the past couple of years. I wanted to convey something extremely simple with minimal color and motion. I looked to the Red Bull commercials for some inspiration and my own artistic ingenuity for the creation of this.

The fact that this project was based on an advertisement for soap made it slightly difficult for me because I honestly have no interest in soap commercials but also made it interesting because I had the ability to create something for something not so interesting.

The characters in my advertisement are characters I have come up with and decided to use these characters to create a feel of human qualities but not having that direct association that one would have watching an advertisement and seeing a person they can relate to. Within the advertisement I created a conflict between one character and a group. In short, the group dislikes the one character because he either smells or is just dirty. A friendly character from the group invites the character to use a bar of soap and everyone becomes happy after his bath.

After reviewing the finished product, I would of liked to get slightly more into the creation of the advertisement drawings. I would have enjoyed the fluctuating line patterns that animated drawings tend to have but mine were static layers. I would of also liked to incorporate dialogue and create a more interesting environment for these characters to interact in.

No comments: